Re: [T3] Gets hot, gets hesitatey, dies

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 08:54:09 -0500, Jim Adney wrote:

>On 14 Jun 2004 at 22:11, Mark Healey wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 09:09:44 -0500, Jim Adney wrote:
>
>> >Unplug the plug on the fuel pump relay and crank the starter with the throttle
>> >full open for awhile. If it starts to fire, plug the plug back in right away.
>> >It may be flooded and this is one way to clear it out.
>>
>> Shouldn't it clear by just sitting over night?
>
>Yes, usually. This was a long shot. I didn't know what else to suggest.
>
>It's also possible that there's MUCH too much fuel being injected, so that you
>don't really have a chance to get it started in the morning. If that's the
>case, it should start briefly when the fuel pump is disabled, and then run out
>of gas. If that happens, then it is a clue as to where you need to look next.
>
>Are you sure your pressure sensor hose is still connected on both ends?
>
>SP wires mixed up?
>
>It's hard to understand how you can have both spark and gas and still not see
>any signs of life.

Spark at the end of plug wires went away so mabey it was intermittent
to begin with.

Anyway I now have a new distributor cap, rotor and coil.  I have a
real good spark coming out of the coil but when I check at the end of
the spark plug wire there is nothing.  I tried this on #1 and #2 with
a spare plug.

What could it be now?

Mark Healey
71 FI auto square