Re: [T3] alternative fuel

<x-flowed>
On Jun 20, 2004, at 9:04 PM, David Johnson wrote:

If anyone has a story on converting a Type 3 to electric, I'd love to hear
how it turned out!

I would be seriously interested in converting a type 3 to electric.
with some web searching, ( and some friends ) I found that a fair amount of VW's have been converted:

  http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/index7.html

and in particular a type 3:

  http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/323.html

and even a type 34

  http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/218.html

pretty cool. It's apparently a very possible project.

--fess

EV links:
  http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/4214/links.html
So you want to build an electric car: