Re: [T3] adjusting the steering worm spindle

> > It feels like there is a sponge in my steering linkage.
>
> Have you checked the rubber coupling in the steering shaft?

Yes, the steering shaft from steering wheel into the box is very solid. When I had my
head underneath the car while rotating the shaft I noticed that the trailing arm was
visibly moving up and down before engaging in a side to side, making me again suspicious
of the roller shaft adjustment [which was then adjusted].

the worm spindle adjuster accepted the pivot bolt from the handle of my cheapo harbor
freight rolling floor jack quite nicely by the way, I think *that* was freed with a
15/16th wrench strangely enough. I don't think fussing with the worm gear did any good.

My steering has been tightened up nicely, but the car does not return to an absolute
center [close], so it looks like I need to back off the adjustment before putting it
back into daily service.

Thanks,
Curtis

http://binauralaboratories.net