Re: [T3] Wheel Offset ..

On 14 Jun 2004 at 16:50, Robert Carpenter wrote:

> the offset on my car appears to be 1/2" on all fours.
> The car is surely lower on the driver rear as i
> measured from level ground on center of wheel well,
> drivers side rear 24 1/2" passenger side 24 7/8" thats
> just enough to make the difference. How do i raise my
> car up? The shops tend to not want to get into
> suspension's around here..

Raising won't help, because even if you raise it so that it doesn't rub while
parked, it will still rub when the wheel goes to that same position, as it
would when passing over a bump.

An offset of 1/2" sounds VERY small. Our OEM offset is 46mm, which is nearly
2". Beetle wheels varied, but I don't think they ever had an offset as little
as 1"

You may be measuring the wrong thing, but as long as you are measuring all 4
the same way and they all come out the same, you've done the important part of
the test. You might just want to measure some of the body dimensions, like the
distance from the wheel cutouts to the inner fender wall on each side.

There's got to be a difference somewhere.