Re: [T3] body lift,lift?

Yeah, I've had a couple of type3 bodies off. You just remove all the bolts
that run under the rockers (that go thru the edge of the floor pan), the 2 up in
front of the beam, the 4 larger ones in the pan near the inner edge of the
front wheel well (near the master cylinder), the 2 big ones under the rear seat
along with the other 4 smaller ones, and the 2 in the rear deck floor above
the rear shock absorbers. You'll also need to remove the fuel tank (plug the
lines), remove the master cylinder reservoir hose connections and wiring,
disconnect the steering column coupler, and if you have a later car with IRS, the
engine hanger to body hanger bolts (and support the engine). If you remove the
hood and the rear fenders, you can use these areas as a lifting point. On a
Squareback the front edge of the cooling air intake has some extra bracing that
allows you to pick up the body (BTDT). I used a strap for the front, wrapping it
thru the fuel tank and spare tire well area. This gave me 3 very stable
points to raise the body up off the pan. Just remember, once you remove the lift
kit, you'll need some shorter bolts. In total I think there were some 22 or so
bolts that needed to be removed. I hope this helps.

Bob 65 Notch S w/ Sunroof
       71 Square, Now a 2 seat Roadster, pics can be seen at;
http://volksrods.com