Re: [T3] Pictures of 1500S Engine anywhere?

JacinF=> 1600cc dual port ...  i want it to look like a
=> stock 1500S engine...

I've done something similar with mine. I started with a stock single-port,
6V 1600, and upgraded it to 12v, dual port, etc. with a bump up in
discplacement to 1641cc.

The manifolds aren't really an issue cosmetically, as they're tucked
underneath pretty deep. (If you're thinking of trying to fool a mechanic,
never mind.)

You can use a single-port balance tube with dual-port manifolds by running a
hose through the tube.

The most obvious difference is the bigger 12V generator. I run a 6V
generator shell rewound for 12V and the stock early fan shroud.

Second most obvious is the later, larger crankcase breather. Easily switched
to the early part.

The exhaust system is also larger for dual-port engines. I run the late
muffler on mine, which most obviously has a quite different tailpipe. I
would not recommed an earlier system on a dual-port 1600.

Switching to single-port heads will change performance, but whether that's
good or bad depends on your driving needs. I find the single-port system
offers a little more torque in city driving, where the dual-port provides
more high-end rpm for highway cruising.

The detail that really makes an engine look vintage to me is the crankcase
breather hose, which came stock with a reinforcing spring around it.

Will you be running this in an IRS car? Don't forget the stabilizer donut at
the rear.

Steven Ayres, Prescott AZ