[T3] Transmission problems

i have fouled up the auto tranny on my '69.  After checking with what i
considered a reliable source, i was informed it would be okay to tow my
autotranny with a tow bar.  i towed the car 1900 miles in neutral.

After getting to the destination, i realized i had lost second and third
gears.

What damage have i done to the tranny?
What will be required to fix the damage?
Are there any easy fixes for it?

i purchased a used tranny, but have yet to install it as i first want a good
understanding of the damage done and repairs needed.  If i take a tranny for
rebuild, i'd want to use my original tranny as it worked flawlessly for
years.

i am pretty bummed about hurting a car that has been so utterly faithful to
me and never given me any problems whatsoever, only good times.

rob in FL