[T3] special tools for raising the ride

On 4 Jun 2004 at 7:23, Schlegel, Richard wrote:

> I am going to try to attempt raising our car up a little. Are there any
> special tools I am going to need? I've done this years ago on a bug. I
> have saved some of your tutorials and it doesn't seem like it will take
> too long.
Hey Richard,

I just did the same to my car. After lowering the car for looks I found my new wheels wouldn't fit  so I had to bring it back up. As Jim said, the front is fairly easy. Just remove the torsion arms and turn them down one or two splines until you get the height you want. The rear  takes alittle more work and they are tension loaded but I found the only tools I needed were a good heavy duty floor jack (to reload the tension on the spring plate) and a dail protractor or mine is called an angle locator(got it at home depot for about $12) It is most important to have this protractor otherwise, like Jim said both sides can become uneven making your car lean to one side.
Someday I need to write this up!
If you know anybody with back issues of hotvws there is a great write up of it in the august 87 issue. (I have the last 15 years of issues)
Try and get it or drop me a line.

Good luck

John
65 square