Re: [T3] Gets hot, gets hesitatey, dies

On 4 Jun 2004 at 14:51, Mark Healey wrote:

> On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 22:34:44 -0500, Jim Adney wrote:

> >Check your charging system regulating voltage. I know the VR is new to you, but
> >I got the impression that it is a used one. They are often bad, and low system
> >voltage will make the FI run rich and give symptoms like this.
>
> Can't do that.  I looked at the cheat sheet in the back of Muir for
> the symptoms and all the suggested problems there were tune up issues.
>
> I decided to do a complete tune up this morning.  I did the valves.
> Only two were off and only by a small amount.  When I went to do the
> points/dwell it wouldn't start.
>
> It turns over strongly.
> The rear relay clicks.
> The front one doesnt.
> I checked the control voltgage at the front relay when turning on the
> car.  Nothing.

Check for broken/loose wires under the dash and the engine compartment.
Especially check the FI ground wire to the engine case. Check the 2 FI power
wires at the LF of the engine compartment.

When you push the throttle down with the key ON can you hear multiple clicks
coming from the injectors?

It sounds like the FI brain has lost either power or ground.