[T3] transmission removal troubles

hello all on the list,

 Question for any and all of you. I am in the process
of removing my transmission and I am still confused as
to why it is still in there.  I have undone all of the
cv joints and they are no longer connected to the
transmission.  I have also disconected the battery
ground strap that was connected to it. Plus I have
also undone the mount that connects it to the chassis
as well as the line that goes to the transmission as
well.  Now the shaft of the front of the transmission
is still there connected into the chassis so I am
stuck here since I do not know what is holding this
thing in.
  If it is the coupler than how do I disconnect it and
from where do I disconnect it? I have consulted the
bently book and my hayes book (even the muir book
also) and I am no greater in solving this mystery
here.  Any help here would be wonderfully appreciated.
 Also my vehicle is a 1973 square with FI and the
transmission is a manual transmision.

thank you for your help in this matter. :-)

dennis