Re: [T3] original brake hose ?

> While the rubber hoses do fail, the metal line down the center is a more
common
> problem. It rusts out under the pedal cluster.
>
> Our calipers are notorious for seizing up, but occasionally the problem is not
> the fault of the caliper, but rather of the rubber hose. At least in my
> experience, it seems that front hoses fail much more often than rears. I've
> probably replaced half a dozen front hoses and still haven't replaced a single
> rear.

I haven't heard of RHD main brake lines rusting through very commonly - they
route further away from the right foot - so Matt probably won't get that
problem.

The front hoses do a lot more flexing with the wheels being steered, so I
suppose it's not surprising they close up inside easily.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/
------