Re: [T3] type 4 engine number

<x-flowed>
On Jul 11, 2004, at 1:37 PM, David Sanderson wrote:

Hi FOlks

Thanks for the many comments on type 4 vs type 3 engines. I was looking at the engine number/chassis number breakdown in an attempt to identify this engine. The number is
CBS600646
but this is not on the web page provided. Can anyone tell me what this engine came from and what its specs might be?

Google is your friend. Googling for 'CB "engine code" volkswagen' shows this site as the second link:

http://type2.com/bartnik/enginecodes.htm

jens