Re: [T3] Polishing new Paint

> http://jasontsmith.tripod.com/type3/fender.jpg
>

> Ok, that one the finish looks pretty dead on. It looks like you really
need
> to polish on it some more, or maybe rough up the surface (with 320 to 600
grit)
> and clear coat it (option # 2). Did you use a catalized enamel for your
> finish, or not put in any hardener? If the later, then you won't get the
shine up,
> as the hardener is what puts the brilliant shine in enamel. I'm also
wondering
> if you let the paint dry long enough, as enamel needs 30 days to dry
before
> color sanding, while modern clear coats (BC/CC systems) only need 3 days.
Just
> a few things to think about, andI hope this helps.

Thanks for help, what I used was Acrylic Enamel that had been thinned and
prepared in spray cans.  My father in law bought the paint for me, so I
don't know if there was an option for single stage or basecoat.  I am fairly
certain that I just have basecoat and will need a clear coat to get it
shiny.

Thanks,
Jason Smith
71 Square AT FI