Re: [T3] Engine Number and timing marks!!??

MikeS=> i`ll experiment in setting it to 10,12.5etc and
=> see where it runs best.

You may find that it's peppier with more advance at idle. But if you exceed
about 32BTDC at max advance and sea level, the engine will suffer for it. So
'seeing where it runs best' isn't necessarily the best test. Check max
advance using a timing strobe with an advance dial, that'll do 'er.

=> the mixture screw is snapped off ... they are running even but
=> very rich ... try to obtain a new carb from somewhere

Carbs are available without much difficulty, but I'd advise against
replacing the entire unit. Rather, replace just the throttle body, which
holds the volume screw (what I infer you mean by 'mixture screw'). Replacing
one carb would entail tearing both of them down completely to make sure that
the jets and other factors are all matched. That's more hassle than you need
if your carbs are working well together already.

The thing to watch for in throttle bodies is leakage around the butterfly
shaft. These often need rebushing, which is cheap and easy for a machinist
who's set up to do it.

Steven Ayres, Prescott AZ
'66 KG1600