Re: [T3] trying to pull Motor on 69FB(fi)

On 5 Jul 2004 at 19:45, Mark S.  Davis wrote:

> I started to pull motor this morning but could not get the heat echangers
> off due to rust. Has anyone pulled a motor leaving them on and diconnecting
> them from the input to the shell?

Lower heat exchangers or rear heat exchangers? Regardless, you usually pull an
engine with all the exhaust parts in place and then remove them afterwards. If
you have a tight nut, heat it with a torch (be CAREFUL of gasoline) to get it
to come loose.

> Incidently how can I be sure this is the correct motor for the car?

By the engine number, or by the components mounted on it.

> One more thing I checked the compression of the cylinders and one of
> them was a little low 107. I'm not sure the correct number, but if you
> are standing facing the motor it is left side closest to the firewall.
> Is that too low? If so what should I replace?

That's not too bad, especially if it's a 72-3, which has lower compression
anyway. What year is your car?