[T3] Tyres

I've got a small emergency on my hands and would really appreciate some good
advice. I bought a set of sprintstar wheels and today had my tyres swapped
from my regular wheels and have just driven a very scary ride home with the
car leering over to the left at the slightest road camber (I guess it would
have been to the left over there ;-). When they swapped the tyres they
insisted, despite my protestations, on swapping them round so the most warn
sides were on the other sides to even out the wear. The rears had the most
pronounced wear on the inside as the sway arms are a bit sagged, but the
fronts were fairly uneven too- I guess I need to get the alignment checked.
Problem is when I checked they had swapped one of the fronts but not the
other. I think this is causing the instability. I would like to get them to
change them back tommorrow but I can't remember which side of the fronts was
the worst worn and there doesn't seem to be any tell-tale scuffing at all on
the sidewalls.
 So my question is, what is the consensus of opinion on which side of the
front tyres wears the most- the inner or outer? And would it be wise to get
them to swap the rears as well- will it affect my braking- especially in the
wet? I can appreciate trying to get a bit more life out of the rubber but
not at the expense of mine!

TIA

Mark Seaton,
'73 Fasty, London