Re: [T3] Welding new rockers and such

<x-flowed>That's what I meant. Don't weld a continuous bead at once but make multiple spot welds so eventually it looks like a continuous weld.

   Toby Erkson  --  air_cooled_nut@pobox.com
   '72 VW Squareback, '95 VW Jetta, '81 Gold Wing, '73 Porsche 914
   http://www.icbm.org/
   Portland, Oregon

Dave Hall wrote:

Practice, practice, practice!  Just 'stitch' or spot-weld the metal, you don't
want to weld in a continuous bead.  It would be easier but you'll warp the
hell outta the sheet metal :-(  It does take longer.

In the UK we have to do a continuous weld (ends up as a series of short welds
really, or distortion rules) for repairs which have cut through the original
panel...