Re: [T3] gas tank gasket?

<x-flowed>> >I'm ready to reinstall the gas tank in my '69
>Fastback.

>Is there a gasket of some sort that goes between the
>tank and the body?

>When I removed the tank, there seemed to be gasket
>'remnants' on the underside of the tank's perimeter
>flange.

Yes there is a gasket here. You can get it from ISPWest, check for them on eBay. I just saw one listed yesterday but now its gone. But if you call them, I'm sure they have more, there repos and go for $50. Hope that helps.

And if you are not going for a 'Concours" restoration, you can probably buy a length of foam weather strip at the local hardware store for about $2

Ooops, my fault, I had the filler neck rubber still in my head, we were talking about it the other day. Sorry. Forget my post unless you need the filler neck rubber tube that seals the neck to the fender.

Jason Smith 71 Square AT FI http:/jasontsmith.tripod.com/vw.htm