Re: [T3] interval switch wiring

On 17 Jan 2004 at 17:05, hisham bakr wrote:

> Greetings to all, I am trying to wire an interval switch in series with the
> stock wiper switch. can't seem to be having much luck. which terminal do I
> splice into per the Bentley wiring diagram for a 70? the installation
> instructions call for splicing into the 31b terminal and I am getting
> nowhere with that. Now 31b is a ground and my common sense tells me to
> splice into a current terminal, like 30 or 53 but not sure, and I don't
> wanna screw up the wiper motor by doing it wrong.

There will be current thru the ground wire, same as the supply wires, so I'd
expect this to work. It also has the advantage that you can lift one end of it
to make half the connection without cutting the wire, and then use a new wire
to make the other half. This way if you aren't satisfied with the results you
can just put everything back together the way it was.