[T3] more power

I will get some pics this weekend. The way I built them was take a set of
boxes apart and take out the old junk one. Then I went to CB Performance ( yes
their right down the road from me) and bought some 1 5/8" j tubes and some good
flanges. the length of the tubes are cut for a bug (go figure) but have  all
the length you need on top. Went to the muffler shop and had the peice flaired
and fitted to add the length on the long part of the tube. once the tube were
to length cut the heater boxes to accept the larger tubes. put the flanges on
the motor and fitted up the pipes in the boxes to all the sheet metel the tack
up checkd the fit and welded up. moved on the the custom header. I opted to
make the collector shoot sideways so none of the exhaust cant be seen. the 2
1/2 pipe makes a turn and goes beside the heater boxes and turns under the trans
to the muffler some more 2 1/2 exit out the side of passenger side in front
of the wheel. My motor loved the extra breathing room and brought down the
temps big time. I dont know if any of you looked down in the stock heater tubes
but they are very restrictive and cause lots of back pressure which is bad for
t3s. I did run the big header on the stock motor and boy did it help in the
higher revs.
any other questions please ask.

Tony Dreier
69 square (daily)