[T3] Engine tin

Howdy all.
    I've noticed that the earlier model T3's seem to have bluish-gray
painted engine tin, and later ones have black. When did the color change? I
kind of like the gray color, when I get to the point where I'm ready to put
in a new engine, I'm thinking about painting it that color. Where can I
score that particular shade? I have been shopping around for a body shop
willing to tackle my slightly bent square, and looks like the winner is the
local VW wrecking yard/repair shop/body shop. They estimated around 10 hours
to fix it on their frame rack, at $42 per hour. Nobody else around here
wants to touch it, it's too old/weird, or they don't have the specs. It's
about what I figured, so I'm probably going to drop it off there next week.
I've been dragging the square around on a trailer during my daily commute
now for a week, my truck is going to feel like a hot rod with the trailer
off : ). I might post some before and afters on the Samba later after I get
it back. I guess now I'm really committed to this car, I hope I enjoy
driving it when I'm done!!

Terry Cost
1970 Square "Goin' under the knife"