Re: [T3] Timing/dwell relationship and Pertronix

> relationship between timing and dwell. Meaning, if dwell is reduced, does
> the timing advance or retard? What the heck is "dwell" anyway? I did an

DY-

	This question applies to regular mechanical ignition points in
general.

	Increasing the dwell makes the spark start sooner *and* end later.
Changing the timing moves the whole thing earlier or later.

	If you increase the dwell without touching the timing adjustment,
this will effectively "advance" the onset of the spark -- it will advance
your timing.  If you decrease the dwell without touching the timing
adjustment, you will retard the onset of the spark.

	So, if you change the dwell of your points, you screw up the
timing and will need to re-set the timing adjustment.

	On top of this, the electronic igniton you installed *may* not
have the same "center" as the points.  It would be nice and simple if it
did, but I don't see why it would have to be so.

	Upshot is that you'll really want to check and set the timing
after any pertronix-style points replacement.

-Greg