Re: [T3] Exhaust in car, etc (Was: 2nd time writing)

On 9 Jan 2004 at 7:43, Aaron Clow wrote:

> Turns out the headlight was just burnt out, and as for the blinker, the
> seal had gone on the plastic cover. Water had gotten into the
> connections at some point and the base of each bulb was slightly
> corroded with a light white/green film. Didn't look like enough to
> cause a problem, but once I cleaned the bulb base and the socket
> itself, no problems.

The late front TS seals are a trouble area. Yes, you may have to clean off the
contacts, but I recommend that you wipe some heavy grease on the contacts and
the base shells to keep them from corroding more. The grease won't keep the
parts from making electrical contact, but it will protect the metal surfaces
from the air and water.

Clean the glass part carefully when you're done. Grease, even the oil from your
fingers, on the glass will turn dark and reduce the light output from the bulb.