[T3] CRACK

Howdy all
    Well, I'm just sick. Finally got up a good head of steam trying to get
my square roadworthy after sitting all these years, and found that my engine
has a big gouge/crack! Right in the oil gallery near the oil cooler above
the cylinder. You can see it here:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/index.mv?photo+134696.jpg

I'm hoping that this can be repaired, any thoughts? I have heard that these
cases can be welded by someone that knows what they are doing. This in
addition to the fact that my car needs to have the rear body straightened
has got me really bummed out. I am wondering if it's worth it to keep going
on this car, but I also REALLY want to get going( I've also got those cool
Porsche mags just waiting in the garage ). I'm out to start tearing it down
now, maybe the local VW shop will have some good news when they see it
tomorrow. Send words of encouragement!!

Terry Cost
1970 Square "Project Not-Cheap-Anymore Square"