Re: [T3] Body Straightening (long post)

> My question: could a body shop put one of our cars on their frame rack and straighten out this
> sort of damage? Has anyone had any experience having their car repaired in
> this manner? Especially in or around Austin, TX? I don't think that
> drivability would suffer if this is not repaired, except that the engine
> doesn't line up with the mounts properly, and from the outside you can't
> tell except for the buckled fender. I guess I know now why this car was used
> as an engine donor, but with an initial purchase price of only $50, I can
> see spending a little money to straighten it out. Thanks for your advice.

It was done all the time when they were new. I don't see why it can't be
done now. It is not that hard a job, if the body isn't rusted too bad.
See if you can find an older frame shop to do it. They might just be
familiar with it, and have the book with the dimensions that it needs to
be.

--
Russ Wolfe
'66 FB MT