Re: [T3] Ignition Housing Unit for 1967 Squareback

anthony & rhonda wrote:
>He did not mention anything about having to replace the entire
>steering column.  He said that the housing unit will fit with no
>problem.  I will ask him about the steering column.  Also, I checked
>the Type3 site and did not see where anyone had listed a 67 they

>were parting out.  Please let me know.
>Thanks.

Actually it was posted to the list.

>>Matthew Getziner (mattsg@cox.net) wrote:
>>1967 fastback .. what can i say, I loved this car.. interior is all
>>orignial.. it was hit on the passenger side door and front passenger fender,
>>everything else is in good shape... parting it out, please reply if you need
>>anything off this car, can send pictures of the good stuff still left.

Note, you can use the 68 style parts with either the early steering shaft or
the later type. Tom Hansen did it to his beautiful 64 Notch using  69 parts,
and I did it to my 65 Notch using 71 parts. On mine, I used the whole column,
except the lower tube, as it was too short for the early car. This might not
keep it stock, but it is a good upgrade, especially if the car is a driver. I
only say that because the early style switches have their own set of problems,
and evryone seems to be looking for either the whole unit or parts for them. I
hope this helps.

Bob 65 Notch S w/ Sunroof
       71 Square- now a 2 seat Roadster, under construction Pictures can be
seen here; http://photo.starblvd.net/bobnotch