Re: [T3] VW Mechanic's/Geru's Make it sound so easy !

On 29 Feb 2004 at 23:33, BOB2TYPE3S@aol.com wrote:

> Jim A wrote:
> >In those days, I would feel lucky any time I simply ran into someone
> >else who was both experienced AND enthusiastic about type 3s.
>
> I remember those days too. Like calling the parts house to get something, and
> telling them I had a type3 Fastback (and hearing laughter on the phone), and
> the guy asking you have a what... Didn't spark too much interest in me dealing
> with them. I muddled thru those years, kept working on finding places that
> had parts, and read and re-read Bentley to help get me thru those dark days. : )

At least you HAD a Bentley. I don't think it came out until about 74. By then
I'd already made most of my type 3 mistakes. I was astonished when I first saw
the Bentley. I had already built a good collection of all the manuals I could
find, but the Bentley blew me away. Unbelievable!