Re: [T3] Accelerator Cable

On 28/02/04 10:56, "Dave Hall" <dave@hallvw.clara.co.uk> wrote:

> You should have room to fit a length of wire/rod using an electrical
> connnector
> block, or just the brass part (tube with two screws).  If you can't do this at
> the pedal end, maybe you can tie that end and extend the engine end.  Good
> luck.

Thanks.  On Friday, after work, this is exactly what I ended up doing.  When
I got to the car I opened my toolbox and right there in front of me was an
electrical connector block, I pulled the cable through all the way and
tightened both screws, then I used a plastic tie (the ones you put one end
through an eyehole and you cannot untie anymore unless you cut it) to join
the connector block and the pedal lever.

> Remember to leave a bit of spare carb throttle movement so the cable isn't
> strained when the pedal is 'to the metal'.

Thanks for the tip, I am waiting for a VW shop to source the cable, when I
went to purchase it, the guy sold me a type 2 one, which needless to say was
way too long.  He is looking in his store room for the correct part.

Does anyone know the part number for the accelerator cable for a 71
Notchback?

Regards,

Petri
71 Notch