Re: [T3] Side line rant about neighbors

On Sun, 2004-02-29 at 11:21, Steven Ayres wrote:
> JohnB=> I am told that they (the city) can now tow a
> => vehicle off of my private property.
>
> This sort of thing has been spreading slowly but steadily among
> municipalities over the last ten years or so, beating the old 'preserve my
> property value' mule as an excuse for forcing conformance to the (usually)
> suburban Cleaver-family ideal. All I can say is that this is one of many
> reasons to pay attention to what's happening at your local city or county
> hall and statehouse, and to get and stay involved. I work with city and
> state officials pretty regularly here, and I can say with confidence that
> wherever you are, most of the people in those jobs are sensitive to what you
> have to say and will respond. But if only one side of an issue is paying
> attention, what are they gonna do?

When I got my '71 from my sister she it had been sitting in her back
yard since 1985. When she parked it, she turned in the license plates.
The zoning says that all vehicles in public view must be licensed. Her
neighbor turned her into zoning about it. Her solution was to go and get
plates back on it. Her quote: "For $10 a year, I will p-ss him off."
On a same note, I live in a rural area. We are fighting to keep the
surrounding land zoned as agricultural as this limits houses to 4 per 40
acres.
A developer is trying to get 30 modular houses built on a 120 acre piece
across the road. So far, landowners = 1, developer = 0. He wasn't happy
when 80 irate people showed up at the zoning meeting.

--
Russ Wolfe
'66 FB MT

--