RE: [T3] FI for Carbs

--- "Schlegel, Richard" <RSCHLEGEL@OCSD.COM> wrote:
> Here are a few reasons keeping in mind I am new to
> this FI VW stuff:
> Fire hazard

How? You should replace all your hoses anyway if they
haven't been replaced in a couple years. If you have
FI hose on there that's braided, most people on the
list have only been getting about 2 years out of that
hose lately, so you're going to have to replace it
anyway to avoid a fire hazard even with carbs.

>>> More HP?<<

Is your engine larger than stock? If not, you're
certainly not likely to get more HP with carbs and a
009.

>> Looks better<<

OK, you might have me there. This is a matter of
taste. Personally, I like the FI better.

> FI hose is
> expensive!, After buying
> the hose ($30.00 w/clamps) we find out I Need to
> replace the injectors @
> 45 bucks a pop to replace a 2" piece of hose!<<<

Hmmmm... Do you have a mechnic coaching you that is
trying to sell you parts? :) Anyway, it's not true
that you'll need to replace these injectors just
because of the attached hose. Use a hacksaw to cut off
the metal grommet connected to the hose on the
injector (be careful), then clamp a new piece of hose.
We all do this, and it's totally acceptible, no fire
risk. Just clamp it with proper FI clamps, not the
worm ones.

> Shall I go on? :-)
> Anyone else have reasons
> why we should or should not do the swap? Just
> curious,

Not necessary I guess... I've counted at least five
your car. If you want to ditch your FI, you'll have a
lot of potential buyers on the list... :)

Please let us know...