Re: [T3] New member lookin' for parts

Jim A. wrote:
>I was referring to the harness that runs rearward from the VR to the engine.
>I suspect that you're thinking about the middle part which runs in a groove
>in the inside face of the rocker.

Yes, I was referring to the middle section. On the 65 and earlier cars this
groove didn't exist (and I don't know when this change was made), and the
harness ran thru the rocker /sill itself. It even had tubes welded to the ends for
the harness to pass thru. The harness is then opened up for the wires to the
VR to pass thru a smaller hole to attach to the VR. Very different than the
later cars.

>It sounds like it may have moved more than once.

Agreed. I think the later set up is better, as it eliminates more places for
water to enter the car.

>My 68 and 69 are completely different from my 71-3. The 68-9 runs between
>the inner and outer fender. You can see it from the outside of the car if
you
>take the fender off.

My 70 Fasty and my old 70 Square were just like this too. Also my 71 Square
(now Roadster) is the same way. I can send you pictures of it, with the rear
fender off showing the harness. That was one of the few items still left on the
car when I got it. : )

>The later ones, starting sometime around 70-71 don't run thru that space
>under the LR fender.

 This must have been a late 71 change then, as my 70 and 71 are like the
68-69 style that you mentioned above. I think I even have pictures of them too, as
I've been in there on both of those cars during their re-paints.

Bob 65 Notch S w/ Sunroof
       71 Square, Now a 2 seat Roadster, pics can be seen at;
http://volksrods.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2977