Re: [T3] '67 intake gasket

<x-flowed>>
On the carbed engines, there's a separate phenolic insulator between the
manifold and the carb.

Where is this phenolic insulator on the stock carb set-up? Between the carb and manifold? Sophy doesn't have anything there that I remember. Might explain why the manifold studs always seemed too long and why i had to lift the carb a little to get the nut all the way off the stud or started on the stud. How thick is this phenolic spacer? Does it then require two gaskets on either side of it? Anyone have any they want to sell?

All that being said, I am not sure how needed they are. I have been driving Sophy for many miles including the trip to Parma in the middle of August. Haven't had any problems due to too much heat in the carbs. At least not that i can tell.

Later,
John Jaranson
'66 Square (Sophy)
'71 Fasty (Jane - darkside project in waiting)
various parts.....don't we all.
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jaransonT3/jaransonT3/
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jaransonT3/2004Invasion/
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jaransonT3/notavwclub/