Re: [T3] New member lookin' for parts

Jim A. wrote:
>The part I was thinking about was the rear wiring harness. Originally it ran
>from the VR out under the LR fender and back into the engine on the left
side.
>This meant that it was very likely to get crunched in any LR accident.
Around
>70 or 71 they moved it so that it exits rearwards from under the back seat
and
>runs under the cargo floor to the engine. Any accident which would get this
far
>has already completely destroyed the car.

I don't know about that Jim, as my 71 has it's rear wiring harness in the
same location as both of the 70's cars I've had /have, along with my 65. Now I
would agree that moving the harness from in front of the VR from inside the left
rocker to inside the car along the rocker would be a good choice. My 65 had
that piece of harness running right thru the rocker, and I'm sure other "early
" owners would agree that it's a bad place for it. On mine, I moved it inside
like the 68 (that I know of) and later cars were done.

Bob 65 Notch S w/ Sunroof
       71 Square, Now a 2 seat Roadster, pics can be seen at;
http://volksrods.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2977