Re: [T3] Quick-steer kit on a T3?

I'm also wondering if there will be anyone at
> > the races who will be able to tell a T3 engine from a T4 ; )
> >
> > Terry Cost
> > 1970 Square "Gonna have to find a new name for it"
> >
> I am afraid so, especially in San Diego area. My son knows the
> difference, but he runs a Honda SI and a CRX in I think it is STS class.
> BTW, what class is a T-3 in.
>
> --
> Russ Wolfe
> '66 FB MT
> '71 FB AT
> '65 Bug (not running)
> russw@classicvw.org
> http://www.classicvw.org

The newest SCCA rulebook that I have is from 2000. I know that the SCCA
moves cars around between classes every year, but I would imagine that
aircooled VWs are pretty stable. That being said, my rulebook lists all air
cooled VWs in H Stock. That pits us against mostly four cylinder economy
cars, with a few v-6s also thrown in. The next step up would be the Street
Prepared class, where T-3s run in F. As the classes get faster, more cars
get put together in the same classes as they become more  "race cars" and
less "street cars". I would not try to modify my car past Street Prepared
class and still drive it on the street. By the way, in F Street Prepared and
in H Stock the T-3 is not listed by model, but merely lumped in with other
air cooled VWs. I think that would give a "savvy" racer an edge, along the
lines of the recent thread of "hey, nice Volvo", if they don't know what it
is, they don't know when you might be bending the rules a little; ). I will
be running in the Austin area, with maybe an occasional trip to Dallas to
run with my brother, and the aircooled participation in this area, apart
from the occasional formula or super vee, is pretty much nil as far as I can
tell. Sorry to be so long winded, and I'm not an expert on this subject by
far, everyone please feel free to correct me where I'm wrong.

Terry Cost
1970 Square
Austin, TX