Re: [T3] running on 2 cylinders

GaryT=> does the gas squirting from the accelerator pump
=> nozzle rule out a fuel deliver problem?

It tends against a blocked needle valve, because it shows you have fuel in
the carb. It tends toward an electrical problem because the fuel you're
squirting manually is not igniting.

=> when I revved the engine, (choke flap) opened, and
=> I heard the sucking sound, so it seems that there is
=> some vacuum there.  Is this a sufficient test, or
=> should I investigate the vacuum leak angle further?

The piston will suck air into the cylinder no matter what, so this is not a
useful test. Vacuum leaks can be pretty subtle and give you problems, but
it'd take a really big leak to prevent fire on two cylinders by itself. I
think it's more likely to be electrical.

=> I believe the carbs are stock.

That's correct.

=> do I really need to check at the spark plug end of
=> the wires?

Yes. Recheck that your spark plug wires are correctly connected. Then
recheck that again. The likeliest problem is that your #3 and #4 wires are
crossed.

Steven Ayres, Prescott AZ
'66 KG1600