Re: type3-d Digest V2004 #784

Munched exaust valves is a valve guide wear problem, heat could wear the
guides faster but its usually that the geometry is not properly set or that
they just plain wear out. 20PSI is Low... of course it depends on how old
your engine is but they see about 40 hot at the bearings at 3400 when new
and at 95K im still seeing 26 on the hotest days in my Square.
    The Full flow in my notch has a definate effect on hot idle pressure,
and as the engine ages it will probably effect the pressure farther up in
RPM too.  The hoses do have an effect, but it may be worth it for the
benefit of a filter or in your case, better cooling to #3.  Ive pulled a
boat on a hot summer day on the highway and not overheated #3 though... so I
really wouldnt worry about it on a stock engine.  But above that... yea.