Re: junk in ATF pan :( (was Re: [T3] AT 'prefers' to not shift into 3rd)

I am off list, so I am slow to respond.
Sorry to see your problems Greg.
You do have a problem.
The red flacky material IS friction material off the clutch disc's or off
the bands. The metallic is probably bushing/thrust washer material.
As for the stones, I cannot say where they came from. They are definitely
not part of the trans internals.
The only good news it, that parts are still available for it.

http://204.244.250.73/cgi-bin/catdata.sh?input=hidden&CVI=ATP~~~ATP~~~69VW~SQU3512856911N&SRT=&CV=&VERS=1285691

I also have 2 used trannies available. One is complete, and the other is
unknown. I got it in with a bunch of other stuff I bought by the pickup
load.

Let me know, if there is anything I can help with.

Russ Wolfe
(On the road, in SoCal.)