Re: [T3] Back on the list after a hiatus

In a message dated 12/5/04 9:57:47 PM Central Standard Time,
russw@classicvw.org writes:

<< On Sun, 2004-12-05 at 21:56, Amy Rarig wrote:
 > Hello there I haven't gotten any  updates from the forum is everything ok?
this is my bloodline to t3 world. I hope all is well

 Yeah, it has been kinda slow on the list. I guess either everyone is
 working on their cars, or they are having no problems.

 Another T-3 list I am on has been slow too. This is actually a good
 sign.

Yup, been out in the garage working on the "Pile of bleached bones". For
those of you not in the know, Keith Park dubbed this type3 that name (my son's 65
Squareback Roadster ). : ) We've been doing some rework to it, as he (my son)
wanted to redo some things on it, so we've been trying to get as much done
before the snow really flies. : 0  So far, we've found a more correct hood (61 to
69 that he paid 20 bucks for, so he can carry a spare tire in the correct
location), redid the rear filler panel (between the fold down rear seat and the
Notch trunk lid, re-shaped it, and added some height to it), raised the rear
deck floor so we can install some Weber ICT carbs (the Solexes are going on my
Roadster : ) ), reworked the side areas above the rear tires, and tied in the
rear body mounts (they were just attached to the floor, not the rest of the
body), raised and reshaped the rear side areas (where the old pop out windows
used to be).We've still got a list of things to do to it, but we're taking it one
step at a time. The really scarry part is we've been adding more and more
German type3 metal to it, and removing the US steel that we originally put in. :
0 Anybody got a rear section of a Squareback they want to sell cheap? (IRS or
Swing) : ) We just need the main rear part from the windows down, and up to
the back of the doors, then this thing will be more German than US (it's already
close to that). ; )
 My Roadster is sitting outside waiting for a day or so inside, so I can
button up a couple of things before the heavy snow starts falling. Hopefully I'll
get to it before the year is out. I did get my boat top reworked enough to
slow the rain from entering it though, and that alone made me happy. : ) That's
it for now. By the way Amy, the list has been pretty slow for the last couple
of days, which usually means either everybody's driving them, or they're
working on them without any problems. : ) Or they're in storage, collecting dust
while the owner is inside where it's warm. :(

Bob 65 Notch S w/ Sunroof
       71 Square, now a 2 seat Roadster, pics can be seen at;
http://volksrods.com