Re: [T3] Fuel Problem Update

On 28 Apr 2004 at 13:41, knolte@CLEMSON.EDU wrote:

> Well, went out to check and see if the Distributor was turning when I
> rolled over the engine manually. It is in fact turning.
>
> But the plunger for the fuel pump still isn't rising or falling,
> visually or in a way that can be felt. I'm not sure what to try next.

Check to make sure the distributor is inserted ALL the way into the case. If it
is not, then there's some chance that the drive gear is not all the way in.

Then remove the pump and pull out the push rod. Make sure to do this whlle
holding the bakelite support/spacer piece in place. If you try to take the
spacer and rod out at the same time, there is a significant chance of the rod
slipping sideways and falling into the case. This would usually require
complete disassembly of the engine to retrieve it.

Once the push rod is out, pull out the spacer. Is it intact, or has it broken?

Is the pushrod a smooth slip fit in the spacer? Are the pushrod ends in good
condition?

--
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org