Re: [T3] Test drive!!

> I drove my car 35km this evening! It went _really_ well, the only

	Great!!

> effortlessly at 90kph (that's 65mph). It felt like I could have got more
> out of it, but given the state of the brakes I thought it best not to.

	Hm, 90kph should be about 56mph, right?

> manually downshift to second the revs go way up but it felt happier. I
> found that I had to let off the throttle a bit while upshifting back
> into third otherwise it stayed in second until it reached what felt like
> about 7000rpm but was probably only about 4000. The kickdown doesn't

	You should be able to stay in second up through about 90kph, give
or take a bit.

> work yet, so I manually downshifted. It never downshifted by itself.

	Well, of course, it would have downshifted if the car had *really*
slowed down -- as it did when you eventually came to a stop, right?  Hm, I
forget the point at which it will just shift down from 3 to 2 if you don't
engage the kickdown... something tells me it's at 30-something mph, but
I'd have to give it a try to be sure.

	Say, Daniel -- this has probably come up before, but I guess your
T34 has rear engine hanger mounts on the body??

-Greg