Re: [T3] question on rear disc brakes continued...

<x-flowed>--On Wednesday, April 28, 2004 7:01 AM -0700 Todd Heimer <todd_heimer@yahoo.com> wrote:

Trying to wrestle those drum brake springs back in the
holes of the shoes with a needle nose pliers was not
much fun.

This is another example of "the correct tool for the correct job"... You know they make a tool to install those springs, right?

I think anyone that does their own repair work should invest in proper tools. Trying to install brake shoe springs with needle nose pliers sounds too much like a recipe for losing an eye. (Were you at least wearing safety goggles when you did this?). Of course, to be completely honest, I used vice grips when I first tried to install brake shoe springs (we're talking 23 years ago, I was what, 16?)... and that's part of the reason of why I bought the ding-dong brake shoe pliers!

Anyway, all of my adult life, I have been way too happy to buy new toys, er, new tools for doing new jobs.

- john in Albuquerque