[T3] pan trivia (was 65 resto)

> Seems reasonable enough, but why don't different versions show up on the
> microfilm? It's possible that they supplied a sort of universal pan as a
> replacement, but they don't call out any difference in parts needed to fit
> different models.

The basic pan is the same for all T3's. The spot welded pieces on them is
where they get there different designations from I believe. T34's most
obvious are the seat tracks, notchback/fastback have different rear kick
panels than squareback.

> My microfilm shows 4 different pans: 68-72 LHD, 68-72 RHD, 72-73 LHD, and
72-73
> RHD. Apparently these work for both AT and MT, but how are the LH and RH
pans
> different? The microfilm is rather late, so it appears that they just
didn't
> supply early pans by then.

All the pedal attachment areas will be opposite for lhd/rhd.

> OTOH, it's rather surprising that they supplied pans at all. It's hard to
> imagine an accident that could ruin the pan and still leave the car worth
> repairing.

First of all, labor rates were much cheaper back then. Second, some might
get ran over and rip a hole in the pan.

Patrick D.