Re: 65 Variant Restoration Progresss & Fan Shroud Number Questions

On 27 Apr 2004 at 18:45, Patrick wrote:

> YEAH!
> I knew one of the regular guru types here would get it!
> I received the first email asking about it and didn't want to reply until I
> sorted through all 200+ emails I got so far today.
> As I was reading through them and getting close to the end I couldn't
> believe nobody had answered it yet.
> Anyways, Jason gets the star by his name for today. ;-) (thumbs up)

Seems reasonable enough, but why don't different versions show up on the
microfilm? It's possible that they supplied a sort of universal pan as a
replacement, but they don't call out any difference in parts needed to fit
different models.

Seems to me that the squareback rear seat hinges are also just bolt-ons which
could attach to the same frame that the fasty used without hinges.

My microfilm shows 4 different pans: 68-72 LHD, 68-72 RHD, 72-73 LHD, and 72-73
RHD. Apparently these work for both AT and MT, but how are the LH and RH pans
different? The microfilm is rather late, so it appears that they just didn't
supply early pans by then.

OTOH, it's rather surprising that they supplied pans at all. It's hard to
imagine an accident that could ruin the pan and still leave the car worth
repairing.