Re: [T3] FI Rubber Bits

--- sg <stevegmailbox-vwstuff@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm about to do an engine pull and will be replacing
> all the rubber bits for the '71 FI to deal with
> vacuum
> leaks.  Does anyone have a comprehensive list?  I
> don't want to leave any stone unturned!
>
> Also, good sources would be nice to know about for
> those allegedly "NLA" pieces.

CIP1 (gee, they're coming up a lot today) has the
small and large rubber bits for the injectors
themselves, as well as FI fuel filters and gas tank
sock if necessary. You'll want new bakelite centering
blocks as well (one of mine was broken). Tom Miller
has a stockpile of them (millersgarden@earthlink.net)
-- he might have some on ebay at the moment. His
username is millerstamp. I've bought a lot of stuff
from him and he's a good guy. While you have your
injectors out you might want to leave them soaking in
kerosene (I had problems with my plastic-to-metal
seams leaking and a few people online suggested they
might have dried out)...

I've been buying US-made 8mm fuel line (suggested by
Jim Adney) to replace fuel lines and excellent
FI-specific clamps (solid bodies, no worm lines) can
be had at
http://www.cgenterprises.com/fuel_injection.htm

I don't know what the size of the air intake plenum to
tubes hose is. I just used my old ones.

Hope this helps!

Aaron

=====