Re: [T3] question on rear disc brakes...

On 25 Apr 2004 at 10:37, dennis perusse wrote:

>  What's everyone's opinion on the disc brakes sold by cb performance.
> Also, do they fit on our cars at all? I'm kinda asking this since as
> time goes by I want to put rear disc brakes on my square but am unsure
> whether or not which company to deal with when I do it.

If you improve the rear brakes you will ruin the front to rear brake balance,
which means that your rear wheels will lock up prematurely in a hard stop. To
fix this you will need to add a proportioning valve to bring the rear braking
force back to what it was before you did the conversion.

You could avoid the proportioning valve by doing something to the fronts that
would improve them by the same amount, but you'll find that hard to do.

The stock brakes on 66-73 type 3s are excellent and there's little improvement
possible without extreme expense. If you really want to do this, that's fine,
it's your car. But you should understand that you're only doing it for the
"bragging rights."