-----Original Message-----
From: BOB2TYPE3S@aol.com [mailto:BOB2TYPE3S@aol.com]

Well, the heads don't really look like screw heads, they look more like the
end of a torx bit (similarly shaped).

>I took the spring clips, that hold the brushes, off. Under the clips were
>some very rusted springs, and it looks like the brushes are rusty, they
>don't move at all, I imagined that these should pretty much just slide out,
>right?

Yeah, they should just slide right out. Sounds like your motor was really
submerged in water for a while. Mine was in a dusty location, and it was
actually
fairly clean. I was surprised at how easy it came apart.

Bob 65 Notch S w/ Sunroof
       71 Square, Now a 2 seat Roadster, pics can be seen at;
http://volksrods.com or http://photo.starblvd.net/bobnotch