-----Original Message-----
From: BOB2TYPE3S@aol.com [mailto:BOB2TYPE3S@aol.com]

Ok, the fan blade unit will come off the shaft, it's only a press fit set
up.
I think I used a hammer and a nail to drive the shaft out of the fan. Once
you have it off, you can get to the 2 funky screws that hold the motor
together.
I used a pair of needle nose pliers to loosen the screws, then ran them out
with my fingers. You might have to fight with yours since it was flooded
(rusted?). Once you have the screws out, then you can take the motor apart,
try not
to loose the thin plastic washers, as they are needed to set the end play of

the motor (shims). I then removed the metal balls with holes thru them (the
bearings??). Once I had it apart, I cleaned up the shaft ends, and then the
inside of the balls, then used some light oil (10 weight from my furnace
blower motor) to lube the balls, checking for any burrs and such. Once
satisfied with the movement, I then lightly cleaned the armature, and
reassembled the motor. Fortunately the brushes are spring loaded, and on
long enough leads that they can be installed after the ends are back
together (the motor's main 3 pieces and the screws). Once I had those parts
together, I tested the motor to verify that it would still work (just
reattached the wires that ran thru the air box).
There really isn't much there for a motor, so it shouldn't be too hard to
do.
Once I verified the motor was good now, I reinstalled the fan blade, and the

rest of the blower parts back into their proper places, checking
occasionally
that everything still worked. I hope this helps, and if you still have some
questions, feel free to ask.

Bob 65 Notch S w/ Sunroof
       71 Square, Now a 2 seat Roadster, pics can be seen at;
http://volksrods.com or http://photo.starblvd.net/bobnotch