[T3] Questions about engine size and improving torque

I'm getting closer to an agreement between my mind and wallet on an
engine rebuild but still have a few questions.  I have a '68 Squareback
with manual transmission and stock FI which I want to keep.   I want to
improve the 0-60 times as getting on freeways is sometimes dicey and we
Bay Area (CA) folks use freeways even to go to the corner 7-11.
Improved top speed is not my target.  I understand increasing torque
will improve the quickness and I can increase torque by increasing
displacement.  Does it matter if the displacement increase comes from a
stroker crank or larger P&Cs with an engine of this relatively small
size? Since I want to keep the FI  I am considering the following
combinations of crank and PCs:

Crank		PCs		Displacement
69mm 		88mm		1678
69mm		90.5mm		1775
74mm		88mm		1800

The 1678 and 1775 may need an increase in fuel pressure and the 1800 may
need an increase in fuel pressure and larger injectors.  I would be
using these components:

Counterweighted 8 dowel crank
Std heads but with some mild porting and polishing 3 angle valve job
Std cam
Std rods
Verified good used case
Std weight 8 dowel flywheel
Full flow oil system
All moving parts dynamically balanced

I would really appreciate you ideas about these possibilities as well as
suggestions for compression ratios.

Thanks,
Norman