Re: [T3] Popping out of reverse etc.

On 10 Apr 2004 at 12:34, wodkowski@mac.com wrote:

> So, after years of happy driving it's popping out of reverse pretty
> easily.
>
> This is a shifter bushing problem?

Probably not. It's either a matter of the front transmission mount, the shifter
position adjustment, or something internal in the transmission.

Draining and replacing the gear oil can help diagnose the problem. If it's
clean then the problem is probably elsewhere, if there are metal particles in
it then you have internal problems that probably point to the need for a
transplant.

> I think I'm going to need to take my square into the mechanic to get
> this work done, and I'm just curious if there's any parts I need.
>
> Hopefully looking into my weird fuel problem today. When I hit the gas
> hard OR when the engine reaches over a certain rpm ( Somewhere around
> 3500-4000) it sputters out and doesn't pick up again until it goes down
> to around 200-2500. ALSO, this occurs if I make a hard right regardless
> of rpm and regardless of how full the tank is.

> There are no changes in electrical output when this sputtering happens.
> Charging system is working fine.

Okay, I was wondering about that, because I'm worried that your DF wire is
getting shorted to ground somewhere, under some particular circumstances.

> But here's the kicker, whether related or not. So I'm in second one
> day, I hit the gas to cause the problem to see if I can locate any hose
> ruptures - and the car pops out of 2nd. This is new. Related or
> coincidental? Or coincidental but only related to my reverse problem?

Both R and 2 are pulled back on the shift lever, so this makes me wonder about
the front transmission mount.