Re: [T3] Type 1 people...

On 9 Apr 2004 at 0:29, phillip bradfield -- volkshaus wrote:

> I don't know how many times my friends with bugs have told me things that
> just drive me crazy. Such as:

The world is full of people who know a lot less than they think they do. Maybe
the best approach would be to just smile politely and say, "You really don't
know much about Type 3s, do you?"

I had a customer once who taught me something about human nature. He had a
completely different concept of light side/dark side. For him, it was a
question of what you knew and what you didn't.

He explained to me that most people think that their light side consists of
those things which they understand while their dark side was those things which
they didn't understand. While this seems obvious, he explained to me that it is
wrong and overlooks an even more important distinction.

In his view, your light side consists of those things which you understand AS
WELL AS those things which you know you don't understand.

Your dark side consists of those things which you THINK you understand but
really don't.

Obviously this is a completely different meaning for the  light side/dark side
names than that which we commonly see on this list.

--
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org